Edit in Office - In Chrome

Steve Hastings October 9, 2018

Hi Guys. Can someone tell me please how to find the Office Connector in global and space settings. I have admin rights.I'm using the {Word macro to insert a document but there is no option to Edit In Office. Many thanks! Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hi Steve,

Confluence Cloud no longer uses Office Connector and now has the Companion App in order to edit office files.

Have a look below:

Install and connect the Atlassian Companion app

The Atlassian Companion app manages the download and re-upload of files you edit in Confluence. 

The first time you edit a file, you'll be prompted to install the Companion app and allow it to connect to your Confluence site.

1. Click the file to open it in preview.
  2. Click Edit with.
  3. Follow the prompts to download and install the Atlassian Companion app.
  4. Launch the Companion app.
  5. In the Companion app, click Trust to confirm you want to connect to Confluence.

You can also download and install the app manually for Mac or Windows or use a Microsoft Installer (.msi file). See Administering the Atlassian Companion app for details.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Hastings October 9, 2018

Thank you very much Shannon for your help! The office connector was mentioned in the official Atlassian confluence training courses...which also show the old UI and a number of other outdated items. Some of this old material has lead to delays and confusion for me, perhaps something I need to take up with the Atlassian University people.

Thanks, Steve

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

Steve,

No problem! Happy to help.

I believe you can contact the University team via the Service Desk Customer Portal at the bottom of the page (linked as Contact Us). I'm linking that here to make things easier for you. 

If you find any errors due to the training materials being out of date you can feel free to share that with them there.

Regards,

Shannon

Tassilo Kubitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2018

Hi,

the Companion app works fine with Firefox, but not with my Chrome.

My settings are: Win10 Uptodate, Chrome is 70.0.3538.102 

Regards
Tassilo

Steve Hastings November 15, 2018

Thank you Tassilo!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events