Edit homepage

Edouard COMTET March 8, 2017

Hi,

When I want to delete this page:

https://oveasoft.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/doremovepage.action?pageId=65823

Hi have the following error:

The following error(s) occurred:

• A title must be specified. Please enter a title for this page.
  • The page specified does not exist.

This page is the default homepage of Confluence when I create the space...

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

I suspect what's happening is your deletion of the home page lands you back on the home page, which it needs you to recreate because it needs it.

Don't delete home pages and you should be ok.

Edouard COMTET March 8, 2017

I never delete it... But I want delete it because and I can't edit it... Same error

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

But you said you were deleting it.

I don't understand what you are doing.

Edouard COMTET March 9, 2017
Nope, i say i want delete it.

What I did: I want to edit this page to add my own text, but when I did it, i have an error: "There was an error processing the request." (same error when I want to put a title).

So I have create a new page and replace my homepage. That's ok. But i want to delete this page to keep a clean space.

You understand now? Maybe I am not clear?

PS: sorry, but my account was block before I have not enough point...
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2017

No, I'm afraid not.

Are you trying to delete this page or not?

Edouard COMTET March 9, 2017

Yes, I try to delete it because I can't edit it (I have this error when I try to edit "There was an error processing the request."). And when I want to delete it, I have two error (You can see errors in my first post).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2017

Ok.  Can you try this:

• Create a new page
  • Change the space's home page to that new page
  • Go to the old page and try to delete it

Edouard COMTET March 10, 2017

Thanks for the tips... But I have tried this yesterday... So I have a new homepage but I can't delete the old homepage sad.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2017

So, you have created a new page, set the space default to be the new one, so the old page is not really used?

When you go to the old page now, and try to delete it, what, exactly, is the error message?

Edouard COMTET March 12, 2017

https://s18.postimg.org/qtj8o9hsl/Screen_Shot_2017_03_12_at_14_55_08.png

https://s18.postimg.org/6kvv2jihh/Screen_Shot_2017_03_12_at_14_54_54.png

https://s18.postimg.org/3pirvoehh/Screen_Shot_2017_03_12_at_14_51_49.png

3 images: one with errors messages when I want to delete it and 2 others this page in confluence (you can see there is no title => if I want to setup a title, i have an error...)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2017

The screenshots are too low-res to see properly.

What happens when you try to edit the page?  It looks like you've managed to create an untitled page (possibly by using invalid characters in the title), and the best fix would be to give it a title.

Edouard COMTET March 12, 2017

Hi, this morning all work... I can add a title and then delete this page. Last week I can't add a title. Thanks for your help! Have a good day

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events