Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit button missing in Confluence wiki

Byrnoo June 10, 2015

I'm missing an editing option on a page in confluence wiki for my Uni. Shortcut "e" does not work either. I did not create the page but was added as an editor. Any ideas?

wiki1.png

wiki2.png

2 answers

2 votes
Nelson Carranza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi Dallan,

If you are an admin in the space you can do the following , or ask your space admin.

Go to Browse > Space Admin , In the left panel under Security go to Permissions. Make sure you have permission to add page.

Regards

Nelson

Ingo Kuekenhoener July 23, 2015

Hi, I have the same problem. We have users with View Space permission and they should be able to edit just a few selected pages. I expected to manage this situation using Page restrictions (View on space level, Edit inside the page restrictions). It seems that this is not working as expected, the user doesn't get the "edit" button. Regards Ingo

Ubee November 2, 2016

Hi, All,

I have the same problem too. "Edit restriction" to users without "create page" permission, users doesn't get "edit" button.

Yuchin

1 vote
Steve Eckhart June 8, 2017

By giving the user the Add permission to the Space, I was able to get the Can Edit restriction to work. But this doesn't meet my need.

What I need is the ability to easily give a user the right to edit one page in a space without giving them the Space Add permission. To make this work in the current model, I would have to add edit restrictions on every page in the space.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

Hi Steve,

this is not possible.

Steve Eckhart June 9, 2017

Then I guess I don't understand what the point of the security model is. I have a very small number of pages that I don't want everyone on our main team to see. I can deny edit restrictions to them on those few pages.

On a regular basis, we have people who are not on our team added on a temporary basis to help with a project. In order for them to be able to edit the pages they need, I have to give them Add permissions to the space. Without adding restrictions on every other page, they now have rights to edit the entire space.

I would suggest that you consider modifying the security model, especially since the current documentation on page restrictions doesn't mention the need for someone to have space Add permissions to edit a page to which they have Can Edit restriction.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

Thanks for letting us know your use case.

We did have a request open, but it was closed as "won't fix".

Allow User Edit Permissions on a Page Without Granting them Add Permission

One suggestion was "A cheap (but possibly annoying) workaround would be to move the page to another space for those edits."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events