Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Edit Informational Text

How do I edit and/or create informational text? It is a commonly asked question but the responses are out of date. I do have the edit layout button however I do not have a button for informational text (this button looks to be next to the graph button and the insert pull down.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 22, 2021

@Colleen 

I am assuming that you are talking about instructional or informational text that is added on a template.  You have to be editing a Confluence Template for this to be available.  

Capture.PNG

Yes I am referring to the informational text that is added on a template that only appears when you click edit. What you are showing me is exactly what I said I don't have.

Confluence.PNG

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 23, 2021

@Colleen It does not look like you are editing a template.  How are you accessing the template that you are editing?

I am accessing Confluence through the browser through my companies data service center I suppose. I created a Project template and I am trying to customize it to make it adaptable to my needs. Whether I am in edit or not edit mode, I still don't have this button available. I am thinking maybe we have restrictions or I need to submit a support ticket to request it.ConfluenceProjectPoster.PNGConfluenceEdit.PNG

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 23, 2021

@Colleen Thanks for the screenshot.  You are editing a confluence page.  To edit a template you will need to go to space tools -> content tools

Capture.PNG

This will bring you to the templates in the space.  Here you can edit the template and the option will be available.  

Capture2.PNG

This solution worked. I was not familiar with this space tool. I created my own template which allowed me to edit informational text and now I can see it as an option when I click Create - Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...

192 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you