Easy way to see changes since last opened a page

lucas_xapo March 30, 2023

Hi Team, 

I am wondering if there is a way to see what are the changes in a page since last time I opened the page.
Google docs and microsoft are supporting this feature out of the box. The feature is basically: when you enter to a document, if there were some changes made since last time u saw opened the doc, they show a button to highlight the differences.

Are you planning to implement something like this? I know it can be simulated by comparing 2 versions, but most of the times I don't know which was the last version I actually read.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @lucas_xapo and welcome to the community,

Out of the box, this functionality doesn't exist unfortunately. Usually, whenever someone changes something on a page you are watching or created, then you are receiving notifications of what changed. There is not point for Confluence to bombard you with continuous notifications of pages you just visited (even by mistake) and you have no interest on them what's so ever.

As you stated, currently the best way is to compare versions and see all the changes made. From jira.atlassian.com I can't see any such suggestion, but feel free to create one your self, vote and watch it to get updates (https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?filter=98690)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events