Dynamically assembling a document

Mathew Imregi January 20, 2023

I have a feeling this may be a stretch...

I manage a product that supports dozens and dozens of integrations with other products.  Among other things, I am using confluence to manage documentation for each of those integrations.  It's a parent page with a table listing each integration and some vital information about each, and each line in the table links to a child page with more detailed information about that integration.

What I would LOVE to do for a given client is generate a pdf export based on selecting a subset of these integrations.  I can think of plenty of ways to use includes and build each of those pages, but I am looking for a quicker way to turn out variations as needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

@Mathew Imregi 

If I am understanding the question correctly you would like to export specific integration documentation for each request.  For example client A needs integration 1, 4, & 7 while client B needs integration 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, & 9.

If this is the case you can use the space export option and just select the pages you would like to include in the PDF export.    This would not provide a solution for the end user if they would like to select the pages themselves but as a space admin, you could create the export. 

Mathew Imregi January 20, 2023

That's an idea.  As you say, not quite as handy as being able to dynamically construct a wiki page but a good option.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events