Dynamic decision trees

Hi,

Is there a decision tree tool within Confluence (or an add-on) like this one: http://corp.yonyx.com/yonyx-resources/?

I need a tool that will instead of displaying the entire process ( like in visio or gliffy) it will guide the users step by step through the decision nodes.

Thanks

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

HI,
I was also looking for such a tool or an add on.  So I came up with a work around.  I used the expand macro to create each of the branchas of the desission tree. So by using expand within expand within expand, you can create several levels of the tree. That's actually easier than it sounds.  
for example, ou have a desission tree of making a hot dring. 
For example:
Do you prefer tea or coffie.
If coffee >with milk or with out> if with milk than with suger or without ,if w/o milk, with suger or without> if with suger.. and so on...

If tee> more if's....

So you can:
Write the initial text : What woudl you want to drink. 

Below that to create two expan macros. one with a title "Tea" one with a title of "Coffie". 
Then in the Tea expans you write the next leading question ( do you want it with milk or without milk) and enter the next 2 expands ( one for with milk and one for withought milk.. and so on.. for the rest of the question.s
Then do the same for the branch of Tea.

This solution was a huge sucess in our company. 

So, untill a real dissiosn tree solution is available, we are going to use this one. 

Maria,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have been trying to figure this out for a week now and I didn't even think about the expand macro. This solution is PERFECT for what I need at my company. 

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Maria,

It's not possible to do this natively in Confluence and a quick search of the Atlassian Marketplace doesn't find anything that matches.  But I only did a short search, you might have more luck if you spend some time hunting for something.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

601 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you