Dynamic decision trees

Deleted user February 6, 2017

Hi,

Is there a decision tree tool within Confluence (or an add-on) like this one: http://corp.yonyx.com/yonyx-resources/?

I need a tool that will instead of displaying the entire process ( like in visio or gliffy) it will guide the users step by step through the decision nodes.

Thanks

8 answers

7 votes
Deleted user April 18, 2017

HI,
I was also looking for such a tool or an add on.  So I came up with a work around.  I used the expand macro to create each of the branchas of the desission tree. So by using expand within expand within expand, you can create several levels of the tree. That's actually easier than it sounds.  
for example, ou have a desission tree of making a hot dring. 
For example:
Do you prefer tea or coffie.
If coffee >with milk or with out> if with milk than with suger or without ,if w/o milk, with suger or without> if with suger.. and so on...

If tee> more if's....

So you can:
Write the initial text : What woudl you want to drink. 

Below that to create two expan macros. one with a title "Tea" one with a title of "Coffie". 
Then in the Tea expans you write the next leading question ( do you want it with milk or without milk) and enter the next 2 expands ( one for with milk and one for withought milk.. and so on.. for the rest of the question.s
Then do the same for the branch of Tea.

This solution was a huge sucess in our company. 

So, untill a real dissiosn tree solution is available, we are going to use this one. 

Monte Kennedy July 10, 2017

Maria,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have been trying to figure this out for a week now and I didn't even think about the expand macro. This solution is PERFECT for what I need at my company. 

Andrew Legrand April 8, 2022

Does this still work? It looks like nested expands have been removed as a feature.

Like # people like this
John Bevan May 26, 2022

I had the same issue; in the end I drew a decision tree diagram with draw.io... not so good for anything wordy; but used a diagram, then added more verbose info in text after the diagram to explain the intricacies. 

Like Peter Melly likes this
Megan Danis September 14, 2023

Unfortunately you cannot put an Expand macro inside another Expand macro. So that doesn't do it for me. :S 

But thank you for sharing !

1 vote
Dylan Lindsay November 24, 2022

Hi there,

I’m Dylan a Product Manager at Adaptavist (Atlassian Platinum Partner), we’ve been keeping our eye on this thread for a while and have noticed that this still seems to be an unanswered challenge. We’re interested in changing that!

If you want to provide feedback on what you would like to see in a solution/Confluence app or want to get involved in testing a solution (if we do build one out), head over to our page to find out more. 

Cheers,

Dylan 

Giancarlo Maniaci December 17, 2022

How long would it take to build this out?

Like # people like this
Dylan Lindsay January 25, 2023

Hey @Giancarlo Maniaci , apologies for the slow reply, I didn't seem to get the notification about your post.

I can't give an exact delivery date at the moment but can say that we have a team working on it. 

The best place to keep up to speed on our development effort and to provide feedback on what you would like to see in the app is on our mailing list. This can be found in our page linked above. 

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

Like William B likes this
Malik de Campos August 10, 2023

@Dylan Lindsay  is there any update regarding the implementation of decision trees?
Or could nested expands be reintroduced as feature?

Dylan Lindsay August 10, 2023

Hey @Malik de Campos , we're nearing closed beta for the app. If you haven't already, feel free to sign up to our email list and we'll keep you updated.

All the best,

Dylan

Melanie September 12, 2023

Hi @Dylan Lindsay ,

I signed up for the email list. I'm also really interested in a decision tree tool in Confluence.  Will you keep the users updated once it's available? 

Thanks, Melanie

Like Daniel Domene_Kolekti_ likes this
Dylan Lindsay September 13, 2023

Hi Melanie, yes indeed. I'll also post on this thread once we have the app in open beta on the Atlassian Marketplace. Thanks again for your interest!

Like # people like this
Daniel Domene_Kolekti_ October 31, 2023

Hey everyone,

We've released the app as a closed beta and look forward to your thoughts! If you'd like to have private access to this beta, feel free to sign up here.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Dan

1 vote
AB January 14, 2020

Zingtree does this: www.zingtree.com

No-code interactive trees that are highly customizable.

0 votes
Megan Danis September 21, 2022

Not the best solution, but what I did (and it worked for my use case) is open a table, and split cells further and further more the more I went down (sorry if it isn't clear, my first language is French). In each cell, I used the decision widget to make it visual.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.48.13 PM.png

0 votes
Prabhjot Singh March 5, 2020

Knowmax does something similar.

It is basically a knowledge management software. 

Decision tree is one of the modules of Knowmax

0 votes
l.cangco December 16, 2019

Almost 3 years and still no  Decision Tree.

0 votes
Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

I came across this post. Has Confluence added any decision tree processes in the last 2 years?

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Hi Maria,

It's not possible to do this natively in Confluence and a quick search of the Atlassian Marketplace doesn't find anything that matches.  But I only did a short search, you might have more luck if you spend some time hunting for something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events