Dynamic Filtering of JIRA tickets

Hassan Zerda March 15, 2024

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to dynamically lookup all tickets which are linked to a master ticket. The user should be fill in his ticket number and all tickets linked to it should be shown in table form.

I'm quite new in confluence stuff so any pointers/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

2 answers

3 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Hassan Zerda ,

With the help of our Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro you'll be able to combine two Jira Issue tables: one with Epics and linked issues (a comma separated list) and the other is with issue keys of these linked issues and their own fields.

You may look here for an example: https://docs.stiltsoft.com/tfac/cloud/custom-transformation-use-cases-with-advanced-sql-queries-42241587.html#CustomTransformationusecaseswithadvancedSQLqueries-MergingJiraIssuetablesbylinkedissuesandkeys

Further you may wrap your Table Transformer macro in the Table Filter macro and filter your result table by Epics on the fly.

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Hassan Zerda welcome to the community.  Since you are on DC you can write your own user macros.  I would recommend you look into doing this to satisfy your requirements.
Writing User Macros

Hassan Zerda March 15, 2024

Hi, Thanks for the swift reply.

Unfortuantly I dont see Administration at space tools. Can it be that this has been disabled by the adminstrator (IT)?

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2024

Probably, user macros are written at the admin level.  Talk to your admin about your requirements they may have recommendations or help with a solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events