Duplicating cells to another table

Paul Dinka September 24, 2020

Hello everyone, I'm very new to Confluence so I apologize if this question is very basic and has been addressed before but everything I've been seeing is slightly different than what I need.

I have a table one page that I want to duplicate the values of a few cells (not the whole table, row etc., just particular cells) to a table on another page (not necessarily a parent/child page.  

What is the best way to go about this so that as I change the values of the cells from table 1, those values are "live" on table 2?

Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Paul Dinka ,

We can recommend to use our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Let's imagine that here is your source table where you will change the values:

1111.png

The cost of the ProductA1 will be required in the second table but you don't want to correct it twice:

2222.png

Let's switch to the edit mode:

3333.pngHere is your first table. You can see that the Cost column looks rather interesting - there is a one-cell table inside every cell. The last two cells are presented in such a way for the similarity, but the first one is reorganized on purpose - the one-celled table is wrapped in the Table Excerpt macro.

5555.pngWe reuse this value with the help of the Table Excerpt.

Now let's look on the second table in the edit mode:

4444.pngHere we just include the reused value from the first table with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro.

6666.pngNow if you change the ProductA1 cost in the first table, all the changes will be reflected in the second table automatically.

Paul Dinka September 24, 2020

This worked perfectly!  Thanks a lot for the help and quick response Katerina, my day just got so much better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events