Drop-down menu in edit

Tristan Howell June 6, 2016

How can I make a dynamic dropdown menu inside of editing a table on a page? For example, a table with information for candidates where a column for location and another for  job category is listed, the user either clicks on the box to fill in or begins typing to fill in the chart and are presented with options. I know there's the advanced table filter plug in for the front end, is their anyway to do this on the back? Is it possible to go in on Confluence source code to make this or any other options like that?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

You would have to add a new macro, there is no way to do this from the Edit mode. You can use dropdowns from template variables though, maybe that's something you want to check out?

There could be a really cool opportunity to extend the Macro Property Panel just like the Status Macro has – 

image2016-6-7 11:14:17.png

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/tutorials/macro-tutorials-for-confluence/extending-the-macro-property-panel

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Does it have to be while "editing" the page? You could use something like the ConfiForms addon to create a form that allows you to fill in fields and then display the entries as a table.

0 votes
Tristan Howell June 7, 2016

Lameck, 

I appreciate the response and think that's what I'd be looking for but I'm having trouble finding how to do that. I see with the html include macro I can insert a websites design into my page but I can't find how to have my own html code displayed. Do I need to download another plugin or how do I go about this? Thanks

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2016

Tristan, did you try use HTML or CSS to make it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events