Drop down list options Insert Jira Chart Macro

using the "Insert JIRA Chart" macro I select -> 2 dimensional -> Display Option x/y axis drop down list options. I want to select a field that is not displaying here. I am not sure where this is getting set. Any ideas is very helpful. I have full admin rights on a server installed jira 7.3.5/conf 6.1.2 instance. 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Not all fields in Jira are available for the two dimensional chart.   I doubt this is the fault of Confluence though, it is more likely a limitation of which fields Jira can use for this chart.

I'd recommend going back to Jira to see if you create this chart on a dashboard with the fields you want there.  If not, then I'd be interested to learn more about what kind of field you are wanting to add here.

The documentation on that specific gadget/chart denotes that:

¹ If choosing a custom field, please note that the following types of custom fields are supported by this gadget out-of-the-box: 'Group picker', 'Multi select', 'User picker', 'Select list' and 'Version picker'.

As such, if your custom field is not one of these types, it could be that Jira cannot chart that kind of data just yet.   There are a few different feature requests for Jira to add support for other kinds of fields in this chart such as:

Depending on what kind of field you are wanting to add here might determine which feature request you should choose for watching/voting of that issue.  

If that doesn't help, please let me know more about what kind of field type you are wanting to add to this chart.

that is helpful thanks very much. It looks like all those you provided are pretty much asking for the same thing I want. Epic Name. this is helpful if you are pulling status at the Epic level. However I see this comment which means I have to pull status at the story level only. JSWSERVER-8003-> To view data for an epic in this gadget the Epic Link field is most appropriate. This is the field that shows the name of the epic to which an issue is assigned. The Epic Name field, which is only available on the epic issue type, will not be added to the gadget since there seems to be no clear use-case for its inclusion and it is likely to add confusion.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Jason,

You can try Chart from Table (Table Filter and Charts add-on) in combination with Jira Issues macro or Jira Filter Results gadget.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

460 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you