Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List per User Macro

Jochen Berdi March 29, 2021

Hello
I am a complete layman on the subject of User Macro. Is there a way to generate a drop down list in which you can

a) the values are first set in the macro on the page
b) when selecting a value, the change history is described.
c) the page with the last selected value is opened

And all this under Confluence 7.5 by means of a user macro.
Many thanks to the experts.

Best regards

Jochen

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

I think I know what you are asking but in the future please try and add a bit more detail to the question so that we don't have to re-read it multiple times to guess at what you are asking. In short though, yes you could probably do this using a user macro. The real work would be done client side using the Confluence REST API though not using Velocity. If you have the html macro enabled you could also do it using the html macro if you do not have the macro enabled (it is disabled by default) then a user macro would be the way to go.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

Not really, User macros operate server side, and are generally static once saved. In other words, they are rendered when the page is saved/refreshed.

What you need is a client-side solution, in this case, probably javascript which is saved as part of the site structure. Or you need to develop a plugin to do what you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events