Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw.io saves my drawing as attachment but confluence can't display it in page

Andrew Miller October 16, 2017

Using the draw.io plugin, I can create, edit and save a diagram successfully, however, when I publish my confluence page, I see "Error: Invalid descriptor" in place of my image.

The draw.io .png and .xml files have been successfully added to my page, but confluence seems to be failing to locate them.

When I go back in and edit my page the draw.io macro is still there, but when I edit it it behaves like a 'blank' draw.io drawing.

4 answers

0 votes
Justin Couch May 29, 2018

Still seeing this problem today. Same thing shows across Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Not sure if it is related, but all the macro processing seems to be broken today in confluence. The text shortcuts for formatting (headers, bold etc) don't work for us here either.

0 votes
Raymond Brandon October 18, 2017

Hi Andrew,

I'm not associated to draw.io or something but I ran into this problem also and maybe my workaround will get you back on track for the time being.

I also had problems when creating a new diagram, which after saving did not appear on the Confluence page, even though the attachments were there.

What I did was the following:

1. When on a new page, first add the draw.io macro to the page and save an empty diagram (without drawing anything on it), specify the name and publish the page. The Confluence page will show nothing.
  2. Go back to edit mode and draw your diagram and save, publish. This should show the diagram.

If you already had created a diagram which doesn't even show the macro in page edit mode:

1. Download your diagram attachment to disk (not the png)
  2. Add a new empty draw.io macro to the page and immediately press save.
  3. Since your attachments already exist, draw.io will not allow you to choose the same name so you have to pick a new one.
  4. Save and publish
  5. Go back in page edit mode, and back to draw.io edit mode
  6. Drop the attachment onto the canvas, this will load the saved diagram into the macro.
  7. Save and publish
  8. Your diagram should show now on the page.

Note that all revisions will now be saved under the new name you chose when you created the empty diagram.

HTH,

Raymond

0 votes
Andrew Miller October 18, 2017

Issue seems to have magically fixed itself, I can add drawings again

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Atlassian do a lot of A/B testing in their releases. We often see a specific version of some code go out to a very small % of our users, then be replaced when a serious bug appears. I'm hoping that's the case here.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Removed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events