Draw.io diagram got deleted

Dinesh Kumar Loganathan February 21, 2024

Hi 

I created a diagram for a confluence page.I then embedded this diagram in another page.Now when i deleted the original confluence page without archiving, the embedded diagram also got removed.

please help with recovery.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Nikola Perisic 

i was able to recover the diagram from the trash.

Thanks

0 votes
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian community @Dinesh Kumar Loganathan !

Which option are you using to embed the draw.io content: HTML? iframe? SVG or other?

Hi @Nikola Perisic 

i used below option and it led to my recently created diagram in draw.io.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 09.47.01.png

Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

I see, you were using the Embed draw.io Diagram option. Apparently, draw.io is pulling the diagrams from their site not the Confluence directly. It also happens to me as well:

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.13.13.png

I see that you have tagged draw.io, because there are people within this community who are within the draw.io. 

Also, for urgency purposes, you can raise a ticket for them here: https://drawio.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14

Like David Benson [draw.io] likes this

Hi @Nikola Perisic 

i have created a new ticket with draw.to.

Your reference is DID-10859 (ticket number)

thanks

Like Nikola Perisic likes this
Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2024

Just to clarify around @Nikola Perisic 's comment, the native draw.io app in Confluence does not pull diagrams from anywhere except the Confluence attachment that is saved in your own instance. If you are using the embed option and it's not working, the first thing to check is that the source diagram (which will be attached to the original page) is still present. 

Like Nikola Perisic likes this
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2024

Thanks for mentioning this @Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams- !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events