Draft pages lost

Abdul Faras May 23, 2022

I have edited a page and kept it in draft mode, i.e. unpublished. 

I could confirm that it was saved before I closed my browser. 

But when I came back to it today, I dont see my latest changes in draft. All my efforts which are multiple days worth are now lost. 

How do I recover the draft saved page?

2 answers

0 votes
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

To be clear, @Abdul Faras you can see the unpublished draft of the page you were working on but it is missing content (that is, does not reflect changes you made after a certain point)? 

Abdul Faras May 23, 2022

So, I did changes which were saved as I close the page yesterday evening. 
But when I click on edit button this morning it took quite extra time than usual to open the page in edit mode and I didn’t see any of my changes done over a period of say a week. I. E . It’s in edit mode for last published page. Hope it’s clear now?
So essentially all changes made across period of a week were lost.
I did close it and open the page in edit to see my last draft changes in the past without any issues... Not sure what happened yesterday that I don’t see my any of the draft changes anymore. Is there a way to recovery it?

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

So, it reverted to the last published version? 

Abdul Faras May 23, 2022

Yes, apparently so. Not sure what happened with my draft ?

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2022

Hmm...it's possible you accidentally selected Revert to last published version,but that is quite far from Close (which saves your changes without publishing) and would have required first selecting (...).

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.50.15 PM.png

I recommend following @Dave Mathijs 's suggestion and contacting Support directly. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Abdul Faras ,

When collaborative editing isn't enabled, Confluence Cloud saves a draft of your page once every thirty seconds. Site administrators can configure how often drafts are saved.

Abdul Faras May 23, 2022

Thanks. I hope so. 

How do I recover that last saved draft? I dont see it in my drafts, or when I go to edit the page now.

If its only accessible to admin, then do you know how an admin could recover it?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

If you can reach the draft page, that's the only version available. You won't be able to recover other "versions" of the draft itself.

Abdul Faras May 23, 2022

Oh really.. !!! How is it possible that saved draft gets deleted all of sudden? Isn't this an issue with the tool itself in this case?

Just to be clear, I am not expecting to recover any specific version of draft, I just need last saved draft.

I edited the page -> saved the draft (say last week)

I came back to edit the same page today -> now I dont see the last saved draft page.

This is a really a bad issue from product perspective I would say. I am going to loose multiple days' worth of efforts on it. Can someone please have a look in details? 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Please contact Atlassian Support if you need further assistance.

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events