Draft Duplicate Bug

Tobias Schweiger March 4, 2024

Only in my confluence account, a page that I own was automatically duplicated as a draft. The problem is, although it appears that I am the owner of the draft, I dont have any access to it. This means I cant edit the draft, look at the content or even delete it. The draft has the same title as the page I believe was duplicated.

How can I solve this? Is there any way to delete this draft even if I dont have access to it despite being the owner? image_480.pngimage_720.png

5 answers

0 votes
Katie Crick July 31, 2024

We are seeing this same issue starting end of June.  Any idea why this is happening and how we can stop it?

Mac McCardle July 31, 2024

Atlassian have a workaround:

1. Create a new page
  2. Move draft as a child of new page
  3. Delete new page

This appears to be related to an earlier issue, which was resolved: [CONFCLOUD-77319] Duplicated page drafts appearing in a space after using Confluence Databases to update metadata

0 votes
Mac McCardle July 17, 2024

Interesting, we're affected by this too. I've raised a request with Atlassian as it looks like we're unable to resolve it as org-admins.

Atlassian responded to us and have provided a workaround:

1. Create a new page
  2. Move draft as a child of new page
  3. Delete new page, including children

This appears to be related to an earlier issue, which was resolved: [CONFCLOUD-77319] Duplicated page drafts appearing in a space after using Confluence Databases to update metadata

Dione Cannon August 6, 2024

We do have the same issue, but the suggested workaround does not work. 

Strange, hmmm

0 votes
Christina Weiner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

Hi, I have the same issue and checked with our Atlassian main person from my company and we are not able to get rid of in total 3 of these buggy draft pages. Pages have different page IDs but same names, everything always links me back to the original public page but that draft I cannot get rid of... I will create a Support ticket now as we are out of ideas.

0 votes
Sarah Ni Riain April 10, 2024

I am having the same issue. Potentially due to linking to these pages as a field in a confluence database?

0 votes
Tobias Schweiger March 4, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events