Downloading of Ondemand Backup

Werner Viljoen March 3, 2013

My company is investigating migrating our current confluence ondemand installation to our own cloud hosted server.

We are experience issues downloading the backup file and have been unable to do so.

Which has raised the following questions:

1.What is a suitable size Confluence database to export using the XML data backup tool from Confluence? What happens if the file is larger than 4gig?

2.If we are unable to do the export what alternitives are available to us.

Thanks,

Werner

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Werner Viljoen March 11, 2013

We unable to split the file on our ondemand instance. We logged a support ticket with Atlassian and they where able to split it for us.

0 votes
Werner Viljoen March 5, 2013
Thank for the resoponse David. I was able to access the WebDAV and mount it as a folder using davfs2. I am however unable to split the file due to permissions issues. How do we give ourselfs write access to our backupmanager folder on our ondemand instance. Is their any properties I have to set in the WebDAV Configuration? Regards, Werner
0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2013

Hi Werner,

You will have trouble downloading any file larger than 1GB. However, with WebDAV, you can either map a drive to your WebDAV folder from you local machine, or use a client that allows remote commands so that you can use the 'split' command to break this file into more manageable pieces. Once you've done that, you should be able to download those individually, and use 'cat' to restore the original file from the smaller ones.

Thanks,

-dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events