Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download all not allowed for service desk customers?

Remco Bakx August 4, 2020

When a user clicks the Download all link, they get a Not allowed page.

This only happens to service desk customers. When licensed users click the button, everything works fine.

So it looks like a service desk customer is only allowed to download single files and is not allowed to download all files at once via the Download all link. 

How can we fix this so our service desk customers can also download all files at once?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2020

Hello @Remco Bakx !

As I understand, your unlicensed users from Jira Service Desk as unable to use the “Download All” feature that exists in the attachments page.

With this behavior in mind, I want to check if we are talking about our Cloud or Server platform.

I ask this because this is a known issue for the Cloud platform currently filed under this report:

I was unable to find an equivalent for the Server counterpart.

Let us hear from you!

Remco Bakx August 12, 2020

My request relates to the Server platform.

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2020

Hello @Remco Bakx ! Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I just received your notification on this thread.

I believe that you are running Confluence 7.6.1, is that correct? There are still some questions that we need to go over to keep going. Here we go:

1. Which version of Jira Service Desk are you running?
  2. Is the download All link coming from Confluence directly or is it the link that users have access via the attachment page in the Knowledge base article?
  3. Does this happen with any article that contains files?
  4. Would it be possible for you to share screenshots or a screen capture where the behavior is shown?
  5. If the Jira Service Desk users download the files one by one, are they able to download them all?
  6. Has this worked at some point in the past?

The fact that the users are able to download one by one tells us that they have enough access to the files.

Note about screenshots and screen captures: Take care not to disclose sensitive information with them. Our Community is an open space where everyone can see everything.

Let us hear from you!

Remco Bakx August 12, 2020

Hello @Diego ,

Please find below the answsers on your questions:

•   Which version of Jira Service Desk are you running?

We are running Jira Service Desk 4.5.1.

•   Is the download All link coming from Confluence directly or is it the link that users have access via the attachment page in the Knowledge base article?

It is the Download all link that comes together with the Attachments macro which is added to an article.

•   Does this happen with any article that contains files?

Yes

•   Would it be possible for you to share screenshots or a screen capture where the behavior is shown?

You can download a screen capture from here: https://we.tl/t-I62YEcdVvH 

As you can see downloading a single file works OK, but when I click the Download all the Not Permittes page is shown.

•   If the Jira Service Desk users download the files one by one, are they able to download them all?

Yes.

•   Has this worked at some point in the past?

I don’t know. We recently started using this feature.

I think it has nothing to do with Jira Service Desk, as Download all also doesn’t work when downloading from the Confluence page directly.

FYI, the URL that shows the Not Permitted page looks like: https://xxx/pages/downloadallattachments.action?pageId=xxx

Remco Bakx August 20, 2020

Hi @Diego ,

Can you please let me know if you are still looking into this?

Regards,
Remco

Diego
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2020

Hello @Remco Bakx !

I surely am, thanks for checking in.

I was trying to replicate the behavior you showed us but I was ultimately unable to.

I tried with the following environment:

• Ubuntu Linux 20.04
  • Confluence 7.6.1
  • Service Desk 4.5.1

I tried to:

1. Download all attachments from the current page
  2. Download all attachments from the current page with anonymous access enabled
  3. Download all attachments from  another page
  4. Download all attachments from another page with anonymous access enabled

In all scenarios, this was the result:

Directly From Confluence

DirectlyFromConfluence.gif

From Within the Project

FromWithinServicedeskProject.gif

From the Customer Portal

FromTheCustomerPortal.gif

The files correctly download. We would need more detailed information about logs and possible errors thrown by your system. However, community is not ideal for this kind of log analysis. Our community is an open space and everyone can see everything posted here.

You could reach out to our support channel here:

Let us hear from you.

Remco Bakx August 25, 2020

Hi @Diego

Thanks for sharing your experience.

From what I see on the recordings, it looks like you are logged in as a user with a Confluence license. The recording 'Direct from Confluence' shows options like Edit and Safe for later. These options are not shown on the Confluence page when a non-licensed (Service Desk) users is logged in.

As mentioned in my original post, only non-licensed users experience this issue.

Can you please check the behaviour when you are logged in with an account that doesn't have a Confluence license?

Regards,
Remco

Remco Bakx September 22, 2020

Hi @Diego ,

Did you read my last post? Are you still looking into this?

Regards,
Remco

Diego
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2020

Hello @Remco Bakx !

Thanks for calling this out. I did have anonymous access enabled on that space and my unlicensed user was not logged in to Confluence.

I went back to that setup (luckily I did not delete the virtual machine), and was able to reliably replicate the issue every time I tried.

With these results, I was able to raise this bug report:

The workarounds are these:

• Enable anonymous access and do not authenticate in Confluence with the unlicensed user
  • Download attachments individually

Again, thanks for keeping this thread alive and calling out this unexpected behavior.

Let us hear from you!

Remco Bakx September 29, 2020

Hi @Diego ,

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to replicate the issue. Thanks for you support and for creating an issue.

Unfortunately anonymous access is not possible for our solution, so hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Remco

Marcel Heijblom April 20, 2021

Is it possible to not show this download all button?

0 votes
Remco Bakx August 9, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events