Does the search engine take in account Confluence specific fields for scoring of documents?

bmul July 12, 2017

I found an article in knowledge base stating that search score is affected by document date, occurence of keywords in title, and in body, and also number of links to this document.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-understand-the-ranking-of-confluence-s-search-results-785614686.html

Does the search engine take in account Confluence specific fields for search results scoring?

such as Number of Likes (could weight the popularity like the links)

or

Number of occurences of searched keyword as page or attachment labels (should have abetter weight than occurences in body)

in addition, how are scored page with macros? as example occurences of search keyword that appear within an "Excerpt" macro could have better score.

How are indexed pages using include macro? does the search indexes the page source or rendered page once macros are executed?

1 answer

bmul April 27, 2018

Thanks Nicolas, i already read this note, but i am wondering if more accurate data are used help to better ranking of documents. listed criteria looks very limited.

my understanding according article, is that the number of likes, the labels or the headings in pages are not used for the ranking of search results, but to my mind it would be relevant.

In addition, regarding incoming links, do we consider links generated by macros such as "Page Tree"  or "Content by Label" as scored links? links might be coded in various formats it would be great to better understand how author can improve visibility of their key pages. A kind of cookbook would be appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events