Does the new Confluence / Slack integration notify you when a task assigned to you is due?

Tom Golden August 30, 2018

Notifications/reminders for Confluence tasks has been a feature request for about four years (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-34389).  I'm hoping, fingers-crossed, that Atlassian used the opportunity of the new Slack integration to finally address it, at least for Slack users.  Does anyone know?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2018

Hi Tom - I truly wish I could be writing a giant "Yes!" in response to you on this, but I'm afraid it's not supported in the app.

I agree it would be a useful feature though.

Can you tell me how you'd want to be notified in Slack about approaching deadlines with your Confluence tasks e.g. by DM? With what sort of regularity? How much control would you need over these notifications?

Tom Golden September 4, 2018

Thanks, Caroline.  I could live with a number of different implementations.  I have a daily Jira report that lists cases due within one day, as well as any cases that are overdue - the same type of thing for tasks delivered via a Slack channel or DM would suffice.  You may want to allow configuration of the date range for tasks to appear in the notification or frequency of notification (e.g., daily vs. weekly), but those wouldn't matter for me. 

Like Eko Tacker likes this
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Awesome, thank you for that @Tom Golden

Deleted user October 30, 2019

Is there an update on this - has it been added to the near-future roadmap?  Would also love to see this.

aaranguiz March 4, 2020

so?

newtonmarkc April 17, 2020

seconded, just started to add tasks to confluence with the new app (had been avoiding doing this until then)...and thought, hey I'll just check...

why on earth would this not be road mapped, it's the only reason I DON"T use confluence for tasks?

Like Andrew Brown likes this
Heather Scheel October 7, 2020

Our team is also very interested in this integration! Tasks can get easily be forgotten in Confluence if not regularly monitored. We heavily use slack and would love for this feature to become available.

Chris Carpenter April 22, 2021

Any updates to share on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events