It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does the new Confluence / Slack integration notify you when a task assigned to you is due?

Notifications/reminders for Confluence tasks has been a feature request for about four years (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-34389).  I'm hoping, fingers-crossed, that Atlassian used the opportunity of the new Slack integration to finally address it, at least for Slack users.  Does anyone know?

1 answer

0 votes
caroline Atlassian Team Aug 31, 2018

Hi Tom - I truly wish I could be writing a giant "Yes!" in response to you on this, but I'm afraid it's not supported in the app.

I agree it would be a useful feature though.

Can you tell me how you'd want to be notified in Slack about approaching deadlines with your Confluence tasks e.g. by DM? With what sort of regularity? How much control would you need over these notifications?

Thanks, Caroline.  I could live with a number of different implementations.  I have a daily Jira report that lists cases due within one day, as well as any cases that are overdue - the same type of thing for tasks delivered via a Slack channel or DM would suffice.  You may want to allow configuration of the date range for tasks to appear in the notification or frequency of notification (e.g., daily vs. weekly), but those wouldn't matter for me. 

Like Eko Tacker likes this
caroline Atlassian Team Sep 04, 2018

Awesome, thank you for that @Tom_Golden

Is there an update on this - has it been added to the near-future roadmap?  Would also love to see this.

aaranguiz I'm New Here Mar 04, 2020

so?

seconded, just started to add tasks to confluence with the new app (had been avoiding doing this until then)...and thought, hey I'll just check...

why on earth would this not be road mapped, it's the only reason I DON"T use confluence for tasks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you