For a while now in my 4 instances (2 Confluence, 2 Jira, latest versions in stages during last months, problem applies to all since Feb 2012) the support tools log scanner hasn't been working. I've removed existing logs, tried scanning different size logs and in none of these attempts has there been any motion on the progress bar beyond 0%, even after 10 minutes waiting.
Just curious, can someone try latest version Confluence or Jira and see if theirs are working?
As mentioned above, this issue is caused because you are behind a proxy server, and older versions of Support Tools Plugin did not work behind a proxy.
This was resolved in STP v3.5.6 which was released on 8th July 2013. Upgrading to that version should resolve this issue.
Here worked fine, since this feature is a plugin, I would suggest to try to rebuild our bundled plugins, that way Confluence will rebuild them.
1. Shutdown Confluence
Delete the content from the following folders:
* The _<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/plugin-cache_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache_ folder
2. Start Confluence
I suggest that you schedule a downtime to do that.
After that, startup Confluence and Flush the Cache (_Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics > Flush All_). And you might [Rebuild the Index|http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration] as well.
Haven't tried the approach above yet. However, on a brand new install of Jira, same issue. Does this have anything to do with it? Is that path correct? I don't see errors in the error log itself, but maybe logging levels are not set to tell me. Is it getting to the file? How can I check?
Could you try emptying browser cache and/or try to execute the log scan using another browser?
Also, could you check the Java version you are using (it should be 1.6.0_26 or greater). Another clue would be to update both UPM and the support tools plugin to the latest version and see if it has any effect.
I've still got this problem, even in the latest versions of both Confluence and Jira. Seems the STP cannot work with proxy entries (I am behind one).
If anyone else wants to comment on this, or if you are behind a proxy but it is working, please let me know if you needed to do anything special.
Right now the problem isnot solved for me, but the Jira system at Atlassian has auto-closed the ticket without resolution so I am not expecting much from that end right now.
Found this on the Knowledgebase
Basically it would seem the plugin doesn't use the proxy server we have for getting the URLs it needs to cross reference the errors.
Several change requests have been made to try and help out with this, but so far, this is no good to me. I'm discussinig the issue with Atlassian at the mo and also our IT department to understand if we can get around this with our proxy server.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs