Does anyone have a solution for reliable content classification when exporting?

I've looked at a number of different addons, macros and community suggestions for marking content with classification, but I've yet to find one that "just works".

I know we're not alone in this, but nearly all of our pages need to include some statement as to the document's classification/ability to be distributed.

I've had some minor success using a varient of the if-label macro and injecting this as a footer on each page using the site layout to inject the macro as a footer. By placing certain labels on a page, the page will display our pre-defined message as a footer for that page.

Until it's exported... that's when it all goes south. PDF allows you to play with styles, but won't render the custom macro. Word export seems similar. Then things are different still if exporting from the space level.

What solutions have people come up with that work for all scenarios of getting content out of Confluence while retaining the classification verbiage? Preferably ones that don't require much thought from the operator.

We're server only.

1 answer

0 vote
Brad Bare I'm New Here Apr 18, 2018

Bump... Anyone have a solution?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

830 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you