Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else get server errors when they attempt to move a page from one space to another?

Shirlee Smith October 31, 2016

We're trying to move pages, one page at a time, from one space to another, and we keep getting this error: "Move failed. There was a problem contacting the server."

The permissions are correct, and we've tried in IE in case it was a browser issue, but still no luck. Has anyone else seen this?

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Actually using IE may add to the problem. I've only seen this when there was a latency problem in a server instance of Confluence. Ask your IT department if there are any active issues or any change was made to the network. It could also be that someone changed the base URL incorrectly.

If you are using Confluence Cloud, open a support ticket.

Shirlee Smith October 31, 2016

Interesting. I'm pretty sure that it was Confluence Support who told me to try another action on IE before opening an issue. We don't use IE unless someone tells us we have to.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Well EoS for IE 10 was just announced, so perhaps that tech is behind?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events