Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does adding Guests to an active group, which gives them full access, use up a license?

Ms. Hiller May 18, 2023

I want to add guest users to a group with full access. Will this use up a license?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Yes!

Guest users are a separate group from full access users. Users in the full access groups consume licenses. Users in the guest user group do not consume licenses.

Ms. Hiller May 21, 2023

If I invite a a user as a guest, and then add them to an existing team?  

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2023

Yes.

If you invite a user as a Guest, they can be in only the Guest Users group and can be granted access to only one space at any given time.

If you add the user to a group that has product access, then that user will no longer be just a guest and they will consume a license.

Like Ms. Hiller likes this
Ms. Hiller May 22, 2023

Got it. Thanks for clarifying! 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

I'm glad I could help.

If your question has been adequately answered, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted.

0 votes
Sara K July 31, 2023

Hey @Ms. Hiller, not sure if this is still a problem or not but have you considered using License Logic or Zylo? They integrate with your SaaS stack and can easily show you this type of info. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events