Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a page have a size limit?

MCV September 22, 2014

I am a user who daily updates a Page with meeting notes, and it's a long running document of months of notes.  If I were to export the Page to Word, it would take up over 110 pages. 

Lately when I add more notes to the Page and try to add hyperlinks to the text, it will allow me to enter the values, but when I save the Page and try to click on the links, each link is always missing two characters at the end of the hyperlink, thus sending me to an incorrect destination.

Have I exceeded some kind of Page size limit, and now the document is slowly becoming corrupt, or cannot handle more data?  I know I could possibly break this page into multiple pieces, but I liked having just one place to go to which contained all notes.

1 answer

0 votes
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Yes, you have. A page that prints to 110 pages is quite a lot of information. I don't know what the exact page size limit is since it can vary based on how complex the page is (e.g. if it includes several macros, pages, tabs, etc.). I had this same issue recently. The Atlassian tech didn't provide a length limit. He just said that Atlassian, "Typically, we would suggest that the page is broken down into smaller pages to ensure that it does not time out rendering."

At my current job, we try not to exceed 20 pages regardless of complexity, though I've worked at other places that have Confluence pages up to 50 when printed. If you can break the pages up, you'll save yourself a lot of grief.

HTH

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events