Does Jira Burndown Charts embedded in Confluence slow your performance?

Caanan Bush June 13, 2016

My group is experiencing long load times with confluence. I am wondering if this is because of the Embedded JIRA Burndown charts within the page. Has anyone experienced this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

Pages with embedded content can take longer as they query JIRA for the up-to-date information when the page is rendered.

Are you experiencing slowness with just the page in question or are you experiencing slowness in general?

Caanan Bush June 13, 2016

We are experiencing slowness with a few pages that have multiple burndown charts embedded. Is there any software / configuration way of speeding up the link between the two? 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

Please answer, are you using Atlassian Cloud or are you using self-hosted Atlassian products.

Caanan Bush June 14, 2016

Steven,

We are Self Hosted on Prem

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Bob Swift has a supported add-on that would help here – https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cache/server/overview. This delays the rendering of the specific objects until the rest of the page has loaded. I am not sure if we can add this ourselves without buying a plugin though.

Again, this is an issue because it is pulling all the data from the JIRA application. I cannot comment on your server performance without looking at your application or network configuration. Perhaps you could talk to your admins.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

I've seen really slow responses when the onpremise server was starved for disk space or memory, or the CPU wasn't large enough. That could also be affecting us, just a word to the wise. It's just like any application server, it needs the resources to run what we're doing. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events