Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Confluence support personalisation via Active Directory

nigel heath January 30, 2015

Hi, it is possible to configure Confluence up so it displays a different dashboard or content that is dependant on the users AD entry. i.e All members of the FInance AD group will see the FinanceDashboard, the Legal Team AD group will only see the Legal dashboard etc.

I don't need any detailed instructions at this stage just an idea of whether its possible.

Many thanks

Nigel

3 answers

0 votes
nigel heath January 30, 2015

Thanks everyone for all your helpful comments.

Cheers.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2015

Hi Nigel,

there is also a commercial plugin that should do the trick: Custom Dashboards. We use it and it works well.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

You can add logic like this on your landing page. A User macro will do the trick.

Something like:

#set ($userGroups = $userAccessor.getGroupNames($action.authenticatedUser))
#set ($groupToMatch = "confluence-administrators")
#foreach ($group in $userGroups)
  #if($group == $groupToMatch)
    <p>Hello admin!</p>
  #end
#end

See the "<p>Hello admin!</p>", you can replace it with a JS redirect or even a HTTP redirect to the page you want.

Stephen Gramm January 30, 2015

I like the simplicity for this approach, but need to know exact details on how to accomplish adding this to the default dashboard in Confluence. Thanks in advance for yoru help!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

:) Confluence Admin -> Layouts -> Site Layouts -> Global Layout choose "create custom", unless you have something custom already and then (as the original requirement to have different content for different user groups) I will go with redirects (preparing own "dashboard" like pages for each group) and will insert the above code to (for example) the line bore the following: <div class="pagebody"> that's it :)

Stephen Gramm January 30, 2015

Cool So then you make a call to the user macro you created after the 'pagebody' line. What is the syntax for the call to the user macro?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2015

Actually, if I go with a custom global layout I will not use a user macro there, but will put the code (velocity) as is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events