Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Confluence support Vietnamese language?

Vinh Nguyen January 2, 2018

Hi all,

I have a question to confuse.

Does Confluence support Vietnamese language?

I have try to input the language in Vietnamese and save it but I can not see the right once, some sample question mark "?" contain.

Please advices us.

Thank in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Vinh,

Your database encoding needs to be exactly what is recommended or you may run into issues.

The type of encoding that Dave uses is based on his database type, and the same would go for you, so have a look at this:

You can click on your database type there for information on how it should be set.

For more details have a look at Troubleshooting Character Encodings.

Regards,
Shannon

Vinh Nguyen January 4, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your kindly response

Because we are using the UTF-8 character encoding already. But I try to input the Vietnamese language but when we save/public the topic, its can not be save in Vietnamese lang you know.

That's why I ask to Dave in which question above.

Regards

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Vinh,

Dave should also be using the supported collation, so it may not be your database causing the issue.

You can first follow the steps on the 2nd article I gave you. If that doesn't work, please create a Support Zip, and have a look at the file application-properties/application.xml, for these lines (they will be separate):

<sun.jnu.encoding>UTF-8</sun.jnu.encoding>

<file.encoding>UTF-8</file.encoding>

Please let us know if they show anything other than UTF-8 and what OS your Confluence is installed on.

You can also check that all your tables are collated properly by running:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%'; 

Lastly, check in conf/server.xml for URIEncoding and make sure that is also set to UTF-8.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Sounds like your database collation may be wrong. I tested on our Confluence instance using random Vietnamese text and it displays fine.

Vinh Nguyen January 3, 2018

Hi Dave,
Could you please tell me your database collation?
Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events