Does Confluence have a margin box/call-out box/sidebar notes feature?

Dan Rumney July 15, 2014

I want to be able to add additional information about a point on a page, but I don't want to break up the main flow of text, so I was thinking of using some kind of call out box or margin note box to do this. I tried googling, but couldn't find any promising leads.

Does anyone know of any features in Confluence or plugins that might help?

I know about {Note} and the like, but they cross the entire page and, so, break up the text in a way that I don't want.

2 answers

0 votes
Troy Smyrnios June 17, 2019

You could create a single cell table and put your content in that.  This can be done by selecting the insert table button, holding SHIFT (to remove any headers) and then selecting the 1x1 box.

Below are 3 variations on same text:

1. Original
  2. With the Info macro (start typing "{info" )
  3. With a single-cell table

Confluence-Callouts.png

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2014

You could look into a product like Livefyre. It could probably be integrated fairly easily. It's probably just a couple lines of javascript that could be either put in a decorator or the custom html section.

Dan Rumney July 15, 2014

I'm not looking for a comment box. This is more of a typographical thing.

Perhaps boxout is a more appropriate term for what I'm looking for.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

Ah. Do you have a rough mockup of what you would like it to look like? Sounds like a bit of CSS could do what you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events