Document Retention - How to do that in Confluence

Reatha Ek June 11, 2012

Hello!

If we want to avoid running out of bounds with disk space we need to put document and file retention policies.

• Is there a macro to be able to tag files which I just haven't found yet?
  • Is it possible to extend the XML code of a page so that it contains the 'Best Before' Date, which can be used to remove expired content automatically?

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

Hi Bernd,

For expiring content automatically you may find the Confluence Archiving Plugin useful. For more of a manual approach I wrote a user macro that will list all the pages in a Space that haven't been updated for a certain period of time, details on my blog.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tag files I just haven't found yet". Is that pages you haven't visited?

Andrew.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Bernd, there is a blog post written on this exact topic: http://www.kikamaca.com/2011/08/managing-content-in-confluence-archiving-and-retention-policies/

This is thorough, well-written and you may also find this extremely valuable.

Ken Tobin September 16, 2019

This link no longer works.  Please repost the link.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events