Document Approval Workflow Comala - Question about transitions

emily.garza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2022

Hello All!

I am currently trying to set up a document approval workflow in Confluence using Comalatech. I noticed there are a few options when selecting transitions (i.e. accepted, rejected, updated, expired). 

I wanted to create a flow where a document is uploaded for Review, and if there are changes that must be made, then it will be Rejected and go to In Editing. From there, I wanted to have a transition called Updated, so that after edits were made, the user can select that it is Updated and then it will go back to the Review step.

At first I selected the 'updated' step.. but then when I tried to test it on Confluence, I noticed that there are only buttons for 'Accept' and 'Reject'. This means that when I rejected the page, it went to In Editing.. but then I only had the options to 'Accept' or 'Reject' the page. If you selected accepted or rejected, the page was automatically sent to the 'Approval' stage.

I managed to get the outcome I wanted by switching the 'updated' transition to 'approved' in the workflow builder.. however, I would like the user to have the option to select if a document is 'updated' as this is a more accurate description of what is going on at this particular step. Is there a way to have the confluence page reflect the cases where something is 'updated' or 'expired' via adding more buttons beyond accepted and rejected? I would think that the workflow builder has those other transitions available for a reason..

Any insight is appreciated! Thank you very much :) 

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Hello @emily.garza welcome to the community!

Comala Document Management gives you different options for Transitions between states. You can add and edit these using the workflow builder

The Updated transition automatically changes the state of a page after it is edited. If you want to give your user the choice of which state to transition to, you can use the select transition and specify which states they should have available in the drop down.

I hope that helps. You can reach out to our friendly Customer Success team any time at https://support.comalatech.com. It would be helpful if you could copy your workflow JSON from the JSON Editor into a txt file and attach that to your ticket.

Kind regards

James

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events