Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do these macros exist: Jira Issue macro, JQL macro, Jira Versions macro?

Marc Pincince April 6, 2023

I am using Confluence Cloud Premium and Jira Software Cloud Premium. I want to pull various information from Jira into Confluence. For some of the information I want to pull in and the way I want to do it, I've been getting guidance that I should use these macros (Jira Issue macro, JQL macro, Jira Versions macro) but they are not available to me in my current instance of Confluence. I have been told they are supposed to be available to me "out-of-the-box" with our premium subscriptions. Is this true? If I'm supposed to have access to these and don't see them, then how might I go about getting access to them?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-macros/#Macros-available-in-both-editors for a list of all the built-in macros.

But, note that this is a list for both old and new editors - some macros are only available in one of the two.  Further down the page, there's a separated list to consider.

There's also a link to marketplace macros you can add.

Marc Pincince April 13, 2023

Thanks Nic. Based on this information. I think the resources that were directing me to the particular macros I asked about were incorrect.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

It might be that the resources you were reading were talking about server instead of cloud.  They are two different systems (Confluence Cloud's code base forked from server about a decade ago)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events