Do confluence need Java SE

Dabin Daniel Sundaram March 25, 2022

We have installed confluence in Linux server. I just want to confirm that do we need Java SE in local machine to use confluence locally? 

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Dabin Daniel Sundaram ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Java is bundled with confluence. You can find the same information on the below URL

System Requirements 

If you choose to install Confluence from an archive file, you'll need a supported JRE or JDK, and your JAVA_HOME variable set correctly. See Installing Java for Confluence for more information.

I hope the above information helps. Have a nice day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Hi @Srinatha T ,

Thanks for sharing the document. Based on the document I believe we don't need Java locally as we have installed the Confluence in Linux as Java is bundled with Confluence. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

If you choose to install Confluence from an archive file, you'll need a supported JRE or JDK, and your JAVA_HOME variable set correctly. See Installing Java for Confluence for more information.

Hi @Srinatha T ,

We have installed Confluence bin in (Linux 64bit). So does it require Java in my windows local machine. We are planning to uninstall Java from windows. Before that I just need to confirm that do I need Java in my local system to load confluence. I'm in little confusion

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2022

Hi @Dabin Daniel Sundaram ,

If i understand the above correctly. You have installed a Linux version on confluence on a remote machine and its working fine there. Now you want to know when accessing the confluence from windows client machine do you need Java or not. 

is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Srinath T

Dabin Daniel Sundaram March 28, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T ,

Yes. You are correct. Confluence is installed in the Linux and I need to access the confluence in windows. I believe Java is not needed on the window client machine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Dabin Daniel S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events