Do any macros exist for tracking user/date for checkboxes?

jeremy.brisebois December 16, 2019

I'm looking for a macro (or any other solution that might accomplish this) that I can add to a page template for release checklists. Effectively every sprint I will create a new document from this template containing many checkboxes. Each checkbox must be checked by a member of the team to verify the step was done.

I am looking for a way to add the user and date that the checkbox was checked dynamically to the page. For example:

[ ] - Do the thing

becomes

[X] - Do the thing (alincoln 12/16/19)

This would greatly streamline our process as right now we need to manually edit the page and enter in the information. We use confluence cloud which probably limits our options.

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2019

On Server this is theoretically possible with standard Confluence tasks. You could relatively easily build a custom app that does this by hijacking the click handler for these tasks.

In the Cloud there's technically no way to do this with standard Confluence tasks. You could however implement your own Confluence tasks in the form of a dynamic content macro. Then you would have full control and something like this could be easily done. I'm not sure something like this exists on the Marketplace so you would probably have to build it yourself or ask your local Atlassian Solution Partner.

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2019

Hmm... thinking about it, this might even be possible in the Cloud using standard Confluence tasks as well - as long as they trigger a page edit webhook. But I'm not sure if checking a task does that.

Either way, this is probably something that you have to build yourself, as I already mentioned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events