Do Pages with Punctuation in their Title have Broken Links when Exported to HTML?

maker February 11, 2020

Comma Encoding in Space Name Bug

I found (what appears to be) a bug where if you have a space name with a comma in it, the comma is incorrectly encoded in the filename. It should be %2C, but it appears to create files that have the percent sign encoded twice.

To repro this:

- Create a page with a comma in the title

- Export the html

- Click the main navigation link auto generated to the page

- Link is broken.

@Shannon S noted it may be related to:

• CONFCLOUD-62585 Links break on HTML export file if the page title has a special character

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for starting this thread. :) 

As mentioned, we believe this is the bug you are encountering:

• CONFCLOUD-62585 Links break on HTML export file if the page title has a special character

I left an internal comment for the developer regarding re-opening it, and I'm in touch with him via our internal chat system too.

I'll follow up with you when I have any information or if I need to open a new bug.

Thanks again!
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

Hello!

Thank you for your patience in the follow-up. We've now re-opened this bug, but we we will need more customer reports on this issue in order to be able to properly prioritize it.

If anyone you know runs into this issue, or if anyone on Community happens upon this thread when they encounter the same issue, please vote on the above bug by clicking This affects my team.

Thank you for your help!

Shannon

Tom Zudock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2021

I have also encountered this issue. It's a pretty common use case. I have pages titled "Lastname, Firstname" and exporting this as html results in this problem described above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events