Do I need a Service Management License to show Assets Macro?

Thomas Stanek December 23, 2022

Hi,

we like to show up the JSM/Assets data in Confluence. I configured the macro and it's working for me. I have a JSM and Confluence License. (both DC)

My colleagues with a confluence license cannot see the data. Because "authentication failed".

Do I need a Service Management License to show Assets Macro Data? Or is there a configuration error from our admins?

Best regards

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

HI @Thomas Stanek ,

May want to check what's the permission setting on the objects and schema. Likely, if the team can't see the objects in Jira. Likely, it will be the same issue when it comes to confluence.

-Ben

Thomas Stanek December 27, 2022

Hi @Benjamin,

I checked all permissions at Assets. All permissions are blank at object type level and I inserted the users at schema level as object managers. From that perspective - it should be fine.

When the Users are at the confluence page, this warning shows up:

Unbenannt.png

When the users are login in at JSM, there is no approve option, there were redirected to the customer portal because they have only a customer account with no JSM license.

I checked the Atlassian documentation, but there are no information about the license which is needed for the confluence assets macro.

Thanks for your time and best regards Thomas

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Welcome.

Assets are seen on the Jira or agent side. I would think logically they would need at least a Jira license in order to see the same data one. Is there any one in the team that has a Jira or JSM license to confirm the same?

-Ben

Thomas Stanek December 30, 2022

Hi Ben,

people who have a JSM license can see the data. But the can also create, edit, etc. things in the Assets application. So that these people must have a JSM license is totally wright.

The Confluence users can only read data at a confluence page. There is no possibility to edit the Assets data. Kind of read only.

For me, it's like the customer in the JSM Customer Portal. The customer can use the Assets Data in the request forms. Read only. The customer don't need a JSM license, just an account.

From my perspective, it is kind of inconsistent behavior.

-Thomas

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2023

Hi @Thomas Stanek ,

Understand your perspective. I think the underlying design for assets has restriction that does not allow Jira to override Asset permission on confluence. I know that JSM implement a special user so that customer can see the confluence content itself with Jira license.

I would try to reach out to Atlassian to see if there's possible workarounds.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events