Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Do I need a Service Management License to show Assets Macro?

Hi,

we like to show up the JSM/Assets data in Confluence. I configured the macro and it's working for me. I have a JSM and Confluence License. (both DC)

My colleagues with a confluence license cannot see the data. Because "authentication failed".

Do I need a Service Management License to show Assets Macro Data? Or is there a configuration error from our admins?

Best regards

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin Community Leader Dec 23, 2022

HI @Thomas Stanek ,

May want to check what's the permission setting on the objects and schema. Likely, if the team can't see the objects in Jira. Likely, it will be the same issue when it comes to confluence.

-Ben

Hi @Benjamin,

I checked all permissions at Assets. All permissions are blank at object type level and I inserted the users at schema level as object managers. From that perspective - it should be fine.

When the Users are at the confluence page, this warning shows up:

Unbenannt.png

When the users are login in at JSM, there is no approve option, there were redirected to the customer portal because they have only a customer account with no JSM license.

I checked the Atlassian documentation, but there are no information about the license which is needed for the confluence assets macro.

Thanks for your time and best regards Thomas

Benjamin Community Leader Dec 29, 2022

Welcome.

Assets are seen on the Jira or agent side. I would think logically they would need at least a Jira license in order to see the same data one. Is there any one in the team that has a Jira or JSM license to confirm the same?

-Ben

Hi Ben,

people who have a JSM license can see the data. But the can also create, edit, etc. things in the Assets application. So that these people must have a JSM license is totally wright.

The Confluence users can only read data at a confluence page. There is no possibility to edit the Assets data. Kind of read only.

For me, it's like the customer in the JSM Customer Portal. The customer can use the Assets Data in the request forms. Read only. The customer don't need a JSM license, just an account.

From my perspective, it is kind of inconsistent behavior.

-Thomas

Benjamin Community Leader Jan 05, 2023

Hi @Thomas Stanek ,

Understand your perspective. I think the underlying design for assets has restriction that does not allow Jira to override Asset permission on confluence. I know that JSM implement a special user so that customer can see the confluence content itself with Jira license.

I would try to reach out to Atlassian to see if there's possible workarounds.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events