Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need Scroll Viewport for a public wiki?

Robin R November 11, 2019

Hi there!

I want to create a public wiki (public documentation) and thus came across Confluence.

I've seen that Confluence offers to make spaces public. How would that look like UI wise?
A lot "uglier" than with Scroll Viewport?

Am I correctly assuming that it is just a matter of preferred UI style as in wiki style vs help desk style?

Thanks for your time and help!

3 answers

1 vote
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Robin R ,

I've generated some public and private spaces and i've used Scroll viewport. Creating a theme with this app can help the UX and make it much attractive and usefull.

Besides, if Atlassian uses this app empower their spaces and their Knowledge base then it might be a good solution.

Maybe you can demand a demonstration to K15t: support@k15t.com

Thank you in advance.

0 votes
Conrado Maggi March 28, 2022

You have two options to make a  public wiki with confluence: One is to publish your docs online and make it available to external users or anonymous. The caveat here is the UI.

Alternatively, you can use an app like:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227534/deskbase-on-brand-websites-for-confluence

That let you publish your confluence site as a public knowledge base website. Fully CSS customizable. With CSS, you could potentially build any UI you wish so.

0 votes
Deleted user January 24, 2020

Hi Robin,

I can see that you have used the Confluence Cloud tag on this post so I just wanted to let you know that we're planning on bringing Scroll Viewport to Confluence Cloud very soon. 

Here's our landing page, where you can sign up to receive updates regarding the launch of the product: https://www.k15t.com/software/scroll-viewport/scroll-viewport-for-confluence-cloud.

Thanks,
Gabriella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events