Do Confluence pages support CSS `::before` selectors?

Ben Vezzani January 24, 2017

I've used {style} and {div} macros to make some custom sections on a Confluence page. And as a part of these sections, I've added a ::before selector with some content and styles to act as a label.

The CSS I've used follows:

div.section-wip {
	margin-left:20px;
	margin-bottom:20px;
	padding:10px;
	background-color:#ebeff5;
	border:1px dashed blue;
	border-radius:5px;
}
div.section-wip::before {
	content:"Work in Progress:";
	display:block;
	font-weight:bold;
	color:#606098;
}

div.section-planned {
	margin-left:20px;
	margin-bottom:20px;
	padding:10px;
	background-color:#eaf3ea;
	border:1px dashed green;
	border-radius:5px;
}
div.section-planned::before {
	content:"Planned Feature:";
	display:block;
	font-weight:bold;
	color:#4f884f;
}

Interestingly, it works perfectly in the Edit Preview, however it looks like the ::before selectors are ignored after saving the page, as this screenshot illustrates:

stupidconfluence.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Krzysztof Straszak October 21, 2020

@Ben Vezzani I cannot open your screen shot anymore but what I can add to your post is that using both ::after & ::before works perfectly fine only if you define styles directly in the page. If the styles are defined in another page, which is only included in the page on which you want to apply them, neither ::after or ::before would work -- although all other styles work fine in this scenario.

Any idea how to add content before/after to a table of contents throughout the whole space (made with the Confluence macro) that has a specific class?

Confluence Server 7.4.1

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Does ::before show up in the storage format? If not, what happens if you use something like the Source Editor add on?

Ben Vezzani January 24, 2017

Not sure exactly what you mean by "storage format," but if I use Confluence's "View Source" option, the ::before selectors are all there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events