Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the 'type' of linked issue in a Confluence page

David Hazeel November 8, 2018

Hi all,

I'm creating status reports for various workstreams in a project I'm working on.

In each report, I would like to display certain issue types from Jira (for example actions or tasks) for each workstream.

Using the 'insert Jira issue/filter' macro I'm able to filter by issue type and display the linked issues. However what I would like to do is also display the status of the linked issues (e.g. whether a linked issue is blocked, closed, etc.).

Currently the macro simply shows the linked issues in a list without any detail on them.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Hi @David Hazeel,

To tell you the truth I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve. You have some kind of a filter, right?

Let me show you my example and how it works in my environment:

Display options1.jpgDisplay option2.jpgSo, as a result, I have this table:

Display option3.jpg

Is it close to what you're trying to accomplish?

David Hazeel November 8, 2018

Hi @Grigory Salnikov - thank you for getting back to me on this. I'll try and explain in a different way.

I've gotten to exactly the step in your image and it works, displaying a list of linked issues on my Confluence page. This is fine, but I'd like to take it a step further.

When viewing the list of linked issues, I'd like them to display more of the detail from Jira (like blocked, closed, open, etc.). This is the bit I haven't been able to find an answer to. Currently my list of linked issues just displays the Jira ticket number.

Does that make more sense?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Yes, I guess :)

May I also take a look at your list now (without any specific data)?

I think it'll help.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Oh, am I right assuming the following:

Display option4.jpg

-  this is the result you want to achieve.

?

Like David Hazeel likes this
David Hazeel November 9, 2018

Status.png

Yes exactly that. Currently the macro generates that list in the green box and I'd like the status of the linked items to be displayed too.

Thanks again for your help.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2018

Yes, I definitely see now. 

The very first thing that comes to mind is to create 4 additional filters:

Status.png

... something like:

1. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1661")
2. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1660")
3. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1658")
4. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1636")

Yes, this is not the best but still, a way.

I'll try to find something better.

Like Jürgen B. likes this
David Hazeel November 9, 2018

Thank you - I've managed to get that to work so that it displays as a separate filter below the current macro. I'll accept this as an answer as it does solve my problem in a simple way.

If you can find something else, that would be even better. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2018

Thank you :)

You're welcome! Should I find anything better, I'll get back to you.

Have a nice day!

Like David Hazeel likes this
Raj_253 July 24, 2022

@David Hazeel 

Any update to get the linked issue statuses in the same table.  

Thanks

Andreas Eder February 9, 2024

Hi,

did you find any other way to show additional information in one table? I need the information about the "link-type".

Creating unique filters for any issue is not an option for me, the amount of listed issues is to big and it will change due some other filter criteria.

thanks

0 votes
Naama Betzalel April 6, 2021

Hi @Grigory Salnikov  @David Hazeel  did you managed to find a solution for this one?

thank you

Rachel Pupillo September 8, 2022

I'm also curious if there has been any progress. I am trying to accomplish the same thing. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events