You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I'm creating status reports for various workstreams in a project I'm working on.
In each report, I would like to display certain issue types from Jira (for example actions or tasks) for each workstream.
Using the 'insert Jira issue/filter' macro I'm able to filter by issue type and display the linked issues. However what I would like to do is also display the status of the linked issues (e.g. whether a linked issue is blocked, closed, etc.).
Currently the macro simply shows the linked issues in a list without any detail on them.
Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Hi @David Hazeel,
To tell you the truth I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve. You have some kind of a filter, right?
Let me show you my example and how it works in my environment:
So, as a result, I have this table:
Is it close to what you're trying to accomplish?
Hi @Grigory Salnikov - thank you for getting back to me on this. I'll try and explain in a different way.
I've gotten to exactly the step in your image and it works, displaying a list of linked issues on my Confluence page. This is fine, but I'd like to take it a step further.
When viewing the list of linked issues, I'd like them to display more of the detail from Jira (like blocked, closed, open, etc.). This is the bit I haven't been able to find an answer to. Currently my list of linked issues just displays the Jira ticket number.
Does that make more sense?
Yes, I guess :)
May I also take a look at your list now (without any specific data)?
I think it'll help.
Oh, am I right assuming the following:
- this is the result you want to achieve.
Yes, I definitely see now.
The very first thing that comes to mind is to create 4 additional filters:
... something like:
1. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1661")
2. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1660")
3. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1658")
4. issue in linkedIssues("MAPPMO-1636")
Yes, this is not the best but still, a way.
I'll try to find something better.
Thank you - I've managed to get that to work so that it displays as a separate filter below the current macro. I'll accept this as an answer as it does solve my problem in a simple way.
If you can find something else, that would be even better. Thanks again for getting back to me.
Thank you :)
You're welcome! Should I find anything better, I'll get back to you.
Have a nice day!