Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display who is editing page right now

Is there a way to display on the page that page is being edited and by which user via macro or something else?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 03, 2021

If you want to view that information while viewing the page, you would need to create your own user macro that runs custom javascript on the page.

But as @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ suggests, seems like a lot of effort that won't provide a lot of detail to the user. The user could always just edit the page to see who is editing, and the close out when they are done. Much easier and less time to implement a procedure than develop a macro.

I see, thx for reply

2 votes

Ok, a step back.  Why?  What would this tell the user viewing it that would cause them to change what they are doing?

Hi @Igor Zhabrovsky , when collaborative editing is enabled and you are in Edit mode on a page, you can see who's currently editing the page by the avatars in the above right corner. Or would you like to see this when you're viewing the page?

Yes, i would like to see it when viewing page

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

43,092 views 30 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you