cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display special symbols in PDF when using another font

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hello,

in my PDF documents I need two things:

1. Some special symbols like ≥ ≈ (which I can insert from insert > Symbol in Edit view)
  2. A custom font (that DOES contain these symbols)

Still, when I include the custom font with

@font-face {  
src: url(... path to ... fontname.otf);    
-fs-pdf-font-embed: embed;
}

and export to PDF, it correctly shows all the text in that font but does not show these symbols.

What can I do to make that work?

Workarounds would be okay.
Is there a way to set the custom font back to Arial just for those single symbols. I tried that by wrapping with something real stupid that won't be used anywhere else in the document (a combination of <em> and <strong>) and defined

.wiki-content p em strong {
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
color: red;
}

but still wouldn't be shown.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

Problem still existing ;-(

One thing I am still not really sure about:
Is it possible to globally change the standard Confluence font to a font of my liking?
With the result that this font will be used in PDF exports without need for any "font-family" definitions?

PS: I know the different bug reports about the "special char in PDF export" problem:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events