Display of Jira filter in confluence doesn't work

NEGAR JALALIAN November 14, 2019

Hi this function was working before but suddenly I noticed that it stopped working .

the problem is : when in confluence I insert Jira filter as a table and among displayed fields , there is a custom field , I get this error : 

Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error.

View these issues in Jira

confluence error.JPG

but when I remove the custom field from display option , it works 

2 answers

0 votes
Luke Gartland February 10, 2020

Hi all, 

My team and I are currently experiencing this issue as well. Our previously working 'Trending Issues' filter now says "Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error" for our userbase. This is a high-impact outage so we're looking for a resolution ASAP. 

Has anyone found a workaround or fix in the absence of help from Atlassian? 

Moritz Wagner February 19, 2020

Yeah in atlassian timelines this is a brand new bug that might be fixed within the next 20 Years, probably:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-35196

and

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-53500

I'm pretty sure these two issues will be fixed atr once as they share most likely the same source. And as they are opened very recently in 2014 I guess they will be solved as soon as AI takes over all these problems in 2078 :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hey there, thanks for reaching out, @NEGAR JALALIAN !

I feel how frustrating situations like this can be. Something works and then, suddenly stops. The issue that you are facing can have a few reasons to exist. Let me tell you about them:

1. Confluence Jira issue macro version is older than 5.6.1
  2. Your user Oauth token is corrupted
  3. There is a problem in your application link between Jira and Confluence

Let us start by exploring a few things, Negar. Here we go:

New page, new macro

1. Create a new page in Confluence
  2. Insert nothing but the Jira issues macro
  3. Use the exact same filter as you used before
  4. Publish the page
  5. Check if the issue persists

Another user, another chance

1. Open confluence with another user (not the one that you normally use to access Confluence)
  2. Make sure that the user has access to both the Confluence page and Jira filter
  3. Access the same page with the problematic macro
  4. Check if the issue is still present

Here we have some documentation on the issue and also similar ones. Take a look:

Hopefully, this gives you some direction on how to solve this situation, Negar.

I would love to have some background in your instance. With this purpose, I have raised these questions:

1. Which version of Confluence are you currently running?
  2. Which version of Jira are you currently running?
  3. Was there any kind of change applied to your instance, prior to this issue?
  4. Is there any other user who is also affected by this issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

NEGAR JALALIAN November 18, 2019

Hi Diego

unfortunately your answer didn't help .

my problem is any time in display mode , I add a custom field , the Jira filter doesn't show in confluence and I get this error :

Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error.

View these issues in Jira

and as soon as I remove the custom field, it works.

my confluence version : 6.15.9

my Jira version : 8.4.1

- Was there any kind of change applied to your instance, prior to this issue? No

- Is there any other user who is also affected by this issue? everyone

David Vanek November 22, 2019

Hi Diego,

in our environment (Confluence 6.13.4 + Jira Software 7.13.5) we have exact the same behavior as described by Negar. If I add a custom field to view, filter doesn't show. Moreover field Resolved, which is build-in, does this error too.

So Negar, you are not alone:-)

Regards,

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hey, thank you both for keeping this thread alive. After I received the reply to my initial answer, I found this report:

Currently, the best course of action would be to vote and watch this report. Voting helps to increase the report visibility and watching keeps everyone up to date with anything posted there.

As I understand, when you use the “Resolved” field the issue is also present. Is that correct @David Vanek ? Are you able to replicate this @NEGAR JALALIAN ?

Let us hear from you both!

David Vanek November 26, 2019

Hi Diego,

yes, when “Resolved” field is used, the error happens. Without “Resolved” field, the issue filter is on confluence page was shown without problems.

UPDATE: This is odd - I've found out, that this error occurs only with some filters, e.g. if filter is project=aaa filter than it is shown even with Resolved, Custom Fields etc. but with filter project=bbb not.

Regards,

David Vanek November 26, 2019

BTW CONFSERVER-53500 was created 18/Sep/2017 and is still not fixed?! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events