Display a Working Table of Contents on a Different Page

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

I have the following scenario, and if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

I want to be able to pull in a table of contents of the headings on various pages onto a single page. I can make this work using an Excerpt macro on the TOC and then pulling in the TOC on another page with the Excerpt Include macro. However, the TOC doesn't work as the links point to the current page.

Essentially I need links to all the headings dynamically created for a different page to display on another page. Is there a way to do this?

We're using Confluence 5.5.2, if that matters.

4 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

Got it!

In the Table of Contents macro, you have to select the Absolute URL check box. Then you can the TOC inside an Excerpt, pull that Excerpt to another page, and the URLs will function correctly.

2 votes
Jay Smith November 10, 2021

This does not work with Scaffolding/Live Templates. Confirmed in  https://ideas.atlassian.servicerocket.com/ideas/SCAF-I-177

0 votes
Manohar Dondlapally September 11, 2017

I got it working. Thanks.

But when I export it to PDF, the hyperlinks are not pointing to the actual PDF sections rather redirecting to the Actual URLs. Any help to correct this is really appreciated.I tried using excerpts and Page includes but the Chapter numbering is starting with the page titles and all the section numbering got messed up. Any help is really really really appreciated.

0 votes
jainil trivedi March 16, 2017

Thanks for the answer, it was very useful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events