Display a Working Table of Contents on a Different Page

I have the following scenario, and if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

I want to be able to pull in a table of contents of the headings on various pages onto a single page. I can make this work using an Excerpt macro on the TOC and then pulling in the TOC on another page with the Excerpt Include macro. However, the TOC doesn't work as the links point to the current page.

Essentially I need links to all the headings dynamically created for a different page to display on another page. Is there a way to do this?

We're using Confluence 5.5.2, if that matters.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Got it!

In the Table of Contents macro, you have to select the Absolute URL check box. Then you can the TOC inside an Excerpt, pull that Excerpt to another page, and the URLs will function correctly.

Thanks for the answer, it was very useful

I got it working. Thanks.

But when I export it to PDF, the hyperlinks are not pointing to the actual PDF sections rather redirecting to the Actual URLs. Any help to correct this is really appreciated.I tried using excerpts and Page includes but the Chapter numbering is starting with the page titles and all the section numbering got messed up. Any help is really really really appreciated.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

543 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you