Display a Confluence Site on an other Confluence Server

herold_operating July 27, 2014

Is it possible to display a space/site from server A on server B which updates himself every day?

The reason is that i have a site which is for our whole company and on server B you have no log in.

I have tried to do this with the application link, but it doesn't work in the way I want it.

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

I would first look at copySpace and see if that satisfies your situation. If not, then you can go with Steve's answer. The nice thing with copySpace is that it can be done with both sites live. The trouble with save/restore of a space, is you first have to delete it and then restore it leaving a period of time when the pages are not available. In either case, Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) (part of ACLI) can help you.

I assume your second site is read only, since you are only copying data one way.

herold_operating July 28, 2014

Yes the second site is only with read permissions and only the admin can edit everything else.

I am going to test it with the copySpace in the following days and if this works as i want it i will give you a feedback.

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2014

First thing that jumps to mind for me is to write a script that calls the confluence to do a space export, then scp it to the other server and perform a space import there.

There are plugins that will enable this - eg the ACLI - there is an example of using it on this page - http://www.antelink.com/blog/how-automatically-export-full-confluence-space.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events