Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display JIRA Release in Confluence

Qais Sami July 18, 2018

How I can display our releases on JIRA in Confluence? I tried using JIRA Issues Macro but it lists the tickets only but we need to list the releases/versions. thank you

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018
Qais Sami July 18, 2018

thank you Mirek, this is very helpful. I tried it now, but it gives me this error on Confluence "We can't create that blueprint right now." what's wrong here?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018

Hmm.. Switching to advanced mode throws same error?

Qais Sami July 18, 2018

thank you Mirek, it works well in Advance mode.

Gitana B_ April 22, 2021

This change log template displays issues in some specific version, not releases (versions)

2 votes
Gitana B_ April 22, 2021

I guess question was how to display releases (versions) list, not issues in the specific version. Something like this:

Release name | Release description | date from | due date | Status (Released etc)

Adding count of issues by status inside the version would be even better.

Jira seems does not have releases (versions) as separate objects by default. What are your experience with it?

Andrey Tsetlin May 5, 2021

Is there an answer to this question? Would be nice to be able to a list of releases or info about a specific release in JIRA

Like # people like this
Christopher Hermann October 19, 2023

its 2023 and I still cant add the release (version ) list  (name,summary,date from, due date,status), I saw its possible if youre on cloud but working for the gov we have data version and its limited.

Like # people like this
Tobias Schulte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2023

Would you mind telling me how it is possible in the cloud version? I can't find that information anywhere.

Like # people like this
Sirisha Karavadi March 11, 2024

The solution provided below by Arthur Tilde works.

2 votes
Chakir Qatab June 11, 2020

yes there is an easy way you can use create a filter from your release like this "project = 10105 AND fixVersion = 10032 ORDER BY priority DESC, key ASC"

you can get this filter on the release details page by clicking "View In Issue Navigator"

then you get the filter string to copy and past in your confluence document as Jira filter  

1 vote
Arthur Tilde July 5, 2021

In Confluence Cloud

1. Edit the Confluence page.

2. Add 'Jira Road Map' macro.

3. Set width to 'Auto'

4. In the Preview window pane, hover to cog symbol, pull-down option, select Edit

5. Select your project. Change Days to 365.  Save.

6. Hit Preview and Save.

Hope this helps.

Jira Road Map macro.JPG

Alwyn Schoeman June 17, 2022

This works well in preview.  The moment I save though the widget becomes empty.

Next-gen project

Like Jag likes this
0 votes
Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Hi All,

Trust you are well. 

For relevant audience ... we developed few nice Release Status and Progress gadgets to show on Dashboard and upload to Confluence. Available for Server, DataCenter and Cloud versions.

Check it out.

Cheers,

Yuri.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events