Display Inline Drop Down does not appear

Danielle Sandahl December 17, 2021

When pasting links into my confluence pages, I do not get the "Display Inline" drop down options to show the link as URL, inlle, card or embed. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

3 answers

1 vote
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hello Danielle!

Hope you are doing well. :) Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It is possible to use the Smart Links to show the Display Inline, embed, etc, options on the Editor (not legacy editor) for your site.

There are a few possibilities not allowing you to see it or use it:

1. Your page is not on the current Editor, but using the Legacy editor, where it is not available - You can confirm if your editor is the current one by checking the Edit mode URL and see if there is an edit-v2 after /pages.
  2. Or the link you are trying to paste is not from the following list:
  • Confluence

• Jira

• Jira Roadmaps
  • Dropbox
  • Box

• Google Drive

• Microsoft OneDrive

• Asana

• Github

• Bitbucket
  • Gitlab
  • Figma
  • Adobe XD
  • Miro
  • Zeplin

Hope that helps! Let us know if you are having any issues yet and if you have any questions.

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

dscaglione December 29, 2021

It's odd because it works for some websites (external) but not others (also external). Is there any rhyme or reason to this functionality?

Example:

Inline/Card menu displays for https://www.comforte.com

Does NOT display for https://www.aha.io

Aaand, I figured it out.

If you copy and paste the URL it won't work but if you manually type in the URL and hit Enter it works.

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2021

Thank you for sharing your findings and letting us know it worked for you and which links!

I just tested and indeed it worked for the https://www.aha.io link you mentioned, but there are a few others where it doesn't work, at least the ones I tested here.

Once again, if the links you are trying to use to show the SmartLink cards are on the supported list, it should work!
If it is not on the list, it may or not work. There is an updated list on our documentation below:

Note: Your browser may prevent links from displaying as an embed. To solve this problem, go to your browser settings and add the site or application to the list of sites that can always use cookies.

Cheers,
Jessica

0 votes
Ben Jacobson September 13, 2023

I'm getting the same behavior: no menu of card/inline/URL options displays when inserting links.  Typing the URL manually does not resolve it.  I'm not trying to use SmartCards.  I'm using the v2 editor.

0 votes

If you copy and paste the URL it won't work but if you manually type in the URL and hit Enter it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events