Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Euro in Confluence

datecnl July 28, 2011

In Europe, we use the Euro. On our keyboard this is represented next to the 5. I type the Euro symbol (€) by typing Alt Gr -5 (ALT Gr is the Alt key on the right of the space bar).

In Confluence, ALT GR-5, immediately equates to H5, rather than the € symbol. In all applications I know except Confluence, ALT GR-5 is always interpreted as Euro symbol rather than ALT-5.

Is it possible to configure Confluence so that ALT GR-5 becomes the € symbol rather than the Header 5?

2 answers

0 votes
ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

What version of confluence do you use? I had some problems with locale settings in confluence 3.5.2., which were fixed in 3.5.6.

0 votes
Alexander Johannes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

The best thing would be, that you report your locale (including keyboard layout), operating system and browser in a new issue on https://jira.atlassian.com/

For instance: i'm from germany and use a mac with german keyboard layout. I can type the € just by hitting [alt] + E without activating something else in confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events