This post is inspired by a 2013 post regarding the same topic. I also needed a little more information. So our configuration is:
1. Two datacenters. Don't need hot-hot configuration, this is purely for if the primary site goes down.
2. We already backup our DB and Attachments every night to the DR site.
3. Failover is understood to be a manual process (script-assisted is desirable!)
4. We do have the option of replicating our PostgreSQL DB up to the DR site (async, read-only at DR), but it's not required, especially if it adds significant complexity.
1. How do I setup the "DR" installation? I've got the installer running and trying to sort out of I just setup the "Demo" DB and then reconfigure after that? It's a chicken/egg thing.
2. Can anyone describe the steps that I'd need to perform to get the "backed up" stuff running in "production" at our DR site?
Thanks for reading!
You can follow a combination of Migrating to Another Database and Site Backup and Restore instructions, to understand what exactly is required to backup and restore your Confluence instance on your DR site.
In particular, Step 6 of Migrating to Another Database covers your specific questions
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Thanks for your reply! I'm really interested in scripting this. So I can easily script the DB with the following:
But I'm sort of lost on how I can "reload" Confluence to recognize the new data, or does it need any particular tweaks? Maybe just a stop/start?
Hello Community, Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs