Disabling links in PDF Export?

Jeremy Hranko October 16, 2017

I want to do a custom PDF export of a space in order to distribute the content to external/non-Confluence users. The pages export contain links to pages in other spaces.

I've done some searching and found suggestions to manipulate the pointer-events property in the CSS stylesheet, but this doesn't seem to have any impact on the exported product. 

I was able to set the link colors to black so they at least aren't conspicuous, but that's a poor substitute. 

Relevant part of my stylesheet:

a
{
color: black; /* Sets the links to black to mask their presence */
pointer-events: none; /* Hoped to disable links, but doesn't seem to work */
}

Is there any way to truly disable these links?

2 answers

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

Hi @Jeremy Hranko,

You might want to have a look at our Scroll PDF Exporter.

It let's you allow to control how links

• to external websites
  • to Confluence

are exported. Both "link types" can be controlled independently, if you disable the links, the link will be removed, and the link text will be rendered as standard paragraph text. Those settings can easily be defined in the Scroll PDF Template Settings.

Scroll PDF Exporter is available on the Atlassian Marketplace. Please feel free to try it out using a free 30day trial license, and get in touch with out support team, if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Nils

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2018

Hi, Jeremy,

We tested it here and it's not possible removing the link, although being possible changing the link color.

There is a feature request for it that you can see at Remove hyperlinks from PDF export.

For more information on what can be changed, please check Customize Exports to PDF.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events