Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Preview

Tim Milner February 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but thought I'd ask anyway, as I get asked this a lot by colleagues.

Is it possible to disable the Preview pop-up for certain pages or users? eg. in our Sandpit/test area, where we are doing hundreds of page edits on the same page within a day sometimes, can we disable this feature?

I know why it's there, and understand how it supports Confluence processes, but want to ask so I can have a definitive answer when I get asked.

Thanks,

Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

I don't think this is possible though. Looking through the plugin, I still don't think it's possible and such customization is not recommended as it may have an impact towards Confluence and produced problems.

Tim Milner February 27, 2012

OK, thanks Hanis.

Jeffrey Tsang August 12, 2013

In my last compny we used a reasonably old version of confluence not sure exactly which but I guess V3 or there abouts had a wiki markup tab in edit mode. At the time, editing a page had 3 buttons, save (equivalent to publish) preview and cancel.

Is there any feature in the current confluence which allows us to bypass the preview stage rather than just disable it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events